Forums

4 sounds
    151 posts

I just uploaded my first sound in ages! Let's hope it gets moderated quickly!

Mudkipz rule!
    8 sounds
    4 posts

same here. I didn't see my sounds have been assigned to any moderators and I wanted to figure out if it was normal process.
    but not a lot of informations here.

595 sounds
    114 posts

julienbayle wrote:
    same here. I didn't see my sounds have been assigned to any moderators and I wanted to figure out if it was normal process.
    but not a lot of informations here.

The sounds will usually get assigned within 2-7 days (during which most of them will be moderated immediately upon being assigned), depending on how many moderators are active. So hang in there!

As uploaded sounds are added to a general queue, re-uploading sounds if they haven't yet been assigned will make the moderation process longer as your re-uploads will start at the end of the queue - so try to avoid that if you can.

8 sounds
    4 posts

I re uploaded because I initially uploaded at 32bit resolution and the small (I) icon appeared as red.
    So I re uploaded at 24. Still red but I won't loose my turn that time and let it like they are.

Actually, 32 or 24 shouldn't appear as... Red.

Anyway, fingers crossed for a positive moderation smile

595 sounds
    114 posts

julienbayle wrote:
    I re uploaded because I initially uploaded at 32bit resolution and the small (I) icon appeared as red.
    So I re uploaded at 24. Still red but I won't loose my turn that time and let it like they are.

Actually, 32 or 24 shouldn't appear as... Red.

Anyway, fingers crossed for a positive moderation smile

I believe they only appear red if they are outside the standard CD quality (44.1kHz/16-bit), if they have a very large file size, or of an uncommon file type.

So it doesn't mean that your sound file has errors / has something wrong / or is of an unsupported type, but rather to let other users know that "oh, this sound has quite a large file size, make sure you have enough space!" or "this sound was uploaded as a .Strange_File_Type and might need another program to play it" etc.

I upload at 24-bit depth quite often and have yet to run into any issues from that red exclamation. wink

8 sounds
    4 posts

got it. thx